Full course description
This self-paced on-line course provides produce growers with the knowledge and tools needed to implement best management practices to reduce microbial food safety hazards in vegetable and fruit operations. After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assess food safety risks and conduct risk assessments for their operation,
- Develop a food safety plan specific to their production practices,
- Understand the requirements surrounding the quality of nutrient solutions to ensure a safe crop,
- Implement best post-harvest handling practices for hydroponics,
- Design appropriate sanitation and cleaning protocols for hydroponic operations,
- Manage pests and animal intrusions in controlled environments,
- Develop best personnel health and hygiene policies, and
- Implement best storage practices and traceability.
Participants will receive a certificate of participation after completing this course.
There are NO refunds issued for this course.
If you have questions about the course, contact Ashley Kulhanek at email@example.com.
First Time Users: After you enroll, you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
For technical assistance with the platform, including logging in and password concerns, please contact CFAES Online Outreach team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least 24 hours for a reply during business hours, 72 hours over holidays and weekends.
To request a credit card receipt please fill out the ScarletCanvas receipt request form within 30 days of purchase and allow 3 business days for your request to be processed.