Full course description
Do you want to start gardening but don’t know where to start? Or do you already have some gardening experience and a love for learning? Get started here with the basics of garden soils.
Once the module is completed, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the value of soil as an essential natural resource
- Understand the history and formation of soil
- Understand and identify the physical, chemical, and biological properties of soil
- Learn how to collect soil samples and interpret soil test reports
- Learn how to use the Web Soil Survey tool
- Diagnose soil problems and implement corrective measures
Take this class anytime when you have the time. Participants will have access to the course materials for one year from the date of enrollment.
*Module curriculum based on the Ohio State University Master Gardener Volunteer Training. This course does not serve as a replacement for Master Gardener Volunteer training but may be used as a makeup session for current volunteers if allowed by the county Master Gardener Volunteer coordinator. For those who would like to become a Master Gardener Volunteer, contact the Master Gardener Volunteer coordinator for your county. A list of county programs can be found at https://mastergardener.osu.edu/about/ohio-mgv-county-programs.
If you have questions about the course please contact Jen Andon at firstname.lastname@example.org or Erika Lyon at email@example.com
There are NO REFUNDS for this course.
For technical assistance with the ScarletCanvas platform, including logging in and password concerns, please contact CFAES Online Outreach team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least 24 hours for a reply during business hours, 72 hours over holidays and weekends.