Full course description
Do you want to start gardening but don’t know where to start? Or do you already have some gardening experience and a love for learning? Get started here with the basics of gardening indoors with houseplants.
Once the module is completed, participants will be able to:
- Understand factors to consider when selecting a plant to grow indoors
- Describe how to acclimate houseplants to an indoor environment
- Describe how light varies with windows facing north, south, east, and west
- Determine two methods to water houseplants and the benefits of each
- Determine whether a houseplant is pot bound and how to select a new container
- Take this class anytime when you have the time. Participants will have access to the course materials for one year from the date of enrollment.
*Module curriculum based on the Ohio State University Master Gardener Volunteer Training. This course does not serve as a replacement for Master Gardener Volunteer training but may be used as a makeup session for current volunteers if allowed by the county Master Gardener Volunteer coordinator. For those who would like to become a Master Gardener Volunteer, contact the Master Gardener Volunteer coordinator for your county. A list of county programs can be found at https://mastergardener.osu.edu/about/ohio-mgv-county-programs.
If you have questions about the course please contact Jen Andon at email@example.com or Erika Lyon at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are NO REFUNDS for this course.
For technical assistance with the ScarletCanvas platform, including logging in and password concerns, please contact CFAES Online Outreach team at email@example.com. Please allow at least 24 hours for a reply during business hours, 72 hours over holidays and weekends.